Where does the time go? It’s already 2018! I don’t believe in making “resolutions”, but I do attempt to set some goals at the beginning of each year to achieve:
- Tithe regularly. I struggle with this… a lot. So this year I plan to do much better tithing the full 10%.
- Pay down debt by at least 40%. We are on the Dave Ramsey kick, so we are slowly knocking each debt out.
- Travel at least twice this year on affordable and quick getaways.
- Start my own business in addition to my full time job.
- Live | Laugh | and do whatever makes me happy!
We spent NYE at home. In the past (pre-child), we would be at church bringing in the new year and then head over to a house party with friends; however, taking E.K. out in single digit weather late in the evening into the next day isn’t my idea of “fun”.
In fact, I was sleep by 11:15pm to be honest. I did manage to get my sip on earlier in the evening after laying E.K. down for bed. The husband sat in the kitchen watching tv and I laid in our bed sipping champagne and watching CNN until I could barely stand to keep my eyes open. At midnight, I vaguely remember the husband coming into the room to give me a forehead kiss and wish my Happy New Year (how sweet) and then back to dreamland I went.
No new year new me crap. Just the same KC making a conscious effort to be a better woman, wife, mother, and friend.
Happy New Year!
How did you bring in the New Year?